Friday, June 15, 2007

Bed Rest

Well I've almost survived the three weeks plus of bed rest. It's really been a hard thing for me to deal with. I'm so independent and want to do everything myself. I don't like asking for help or having to rely on others to do things when I'm capable of doing them myself. Not like anyone reading this didn't already know that. The hardest part for me is to rest when I don't really feel the baby is in danger. I understand I "could" have the contractions again and go into labor but with the baby measuring a few weeks bigger (estimated 6 lbs two weeks ago)....I think he's going to be just fine. So...much to my disapproval, I've tried my hardest to do what the doctor and my husband tell me and sit on my rear. I have had a rough time with the baby pushing on my pelvis and giving me major back pain, cramping and keeping me up 3-4 nights out of the week because of the pain. I am eager for his arrival since I'll be awake all night then anyway and will at least have something to do/take care of. Now, I just go to the couch and stare out the windows of the french doors and toss and turn. I can't get up, because I don't want to wake up the boys or make Jonathan think one of them is awake so I just stare. This morning I actually got up and folded clothes quietly and baked muffins for breakfast all done before 6:30am. Well...I guess enough blah blah, feel sorry for pregnant me. I will take this time to also praise my wonderful husband who has gone to work everyday, come home for lunch to make lunch so I don't have to, cleaned the house and completely takes over the boys when he comes home. He is so great! I'm lucky to be married to such a guy! He hasn't complained a bit! Also to all our friends that have brought us dinner, gone to the store or even come over and let me have adult conversation with them during the day. We have wonderful friends too! Well...it won't be too much longer now. 34 weeks and two days. Hopefully Joel will arrive soon so everyone can meet this little porker and see whose been causing all this trouble! Thanks to everyone for their prayers for my patience...I wouldn't have made it through with them!

No comments: