Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Cars & Trucks and the thing that makes them go...

When we all got into the car today, I noticed that the gas light was on in the van. I told the boys we were going to have to put gas in the car on the way home. Gabe then asked Noah, "Would you like to know why cars need gas?" Noah didn't respond so he continued anyway. I eagerly listened while he proceeded..."Cars have to have gas or they will not work and if they don't work, you have to walk. You don't want to walk because your legs will get tired and hurt. You want your car to work so you should put gas in it. Remember the time Mr. Vance didn't put gas in his car and we had to help him. Mommy, why didn't Mr. Vance put gas in his car...doesn't he know it will not work without gas." I added that Mr. Vance knows that cars need gas, but his car was broken and he didn't know it was out of gas. This happened months ago and he still hasn't forgotten!

Gabe has frequently asked why he can't ride in the front seat beside me. I've explained about air bags and how they can hurt him if I was in an accident because he isn't big enough yet. We had this conversation a few days ago, but realized today that he got to ride in the front seat of a car. He reminded me that he got to ride in Vance's truck because there is no back seat! He was quite satisfied knowing he got to ride in the front afterall! Vance you've been redeemed! HA!

No comments: