Monday, March 16, 2009

Hulu and the Masters of the Universe

Alright, so I've just recently (Superbowl ads do work) discovered Hulu and I must say...awesome! Having full episodes of your favorite shows virtually commercial free (they play VERY short ads occasionally) is just plain, well, awesome. However, it's also like crack, so be careful.

Anyway, I just discovered something about Hulu that I didn't expect. It has brought my sons and I together in a way that wouldn't have been possible without it. We now share a bond that will never be broken, for it was forged in the fires of Eternia; in the halls of Castle Greyskull. Yes, my sons and I have discovered full episodes of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe!!! And, I am proud to say that my sons wanted to watch episode after episode and I didn't just say yes...I said "I HAVE THE POWER!!!" and clicked play! It was AWESOME!!!

It was so cool seeing them glued to a little bit of my past and seeing what I probably looked like when I was glued to it in 1983! When I finally decided to make them go to bed...they ran to Gabe's room and grabbed the three or four surviving He-Man toys from my childhood (yes, I still have them) and we're going crazy as He-Man, Skeletor and King Randor. For the first time, they now understood why those toys are so DANG COOL! And, when I heard Gabe yell, "I have the powerrrrr!!" as he held He-Man aloft...there might have been a tear...and this time, I didn't cringe when they smacked them together...for now they understand the awesomeness of He-Man and The Masters of the Universe!

No comments: