Monday, September 25, 2006

Remember Me?

Remember Me?

Ever feel like you are standing still while time is spinning? You wonder, what lesson is God trying to teach me and hoping you'd catch on soon enough so you could get to the top of the mountain and sail to the valley? Well, that's how I've been feeling. Where do I fit in? What is my purpose? Am I doing what I'm supposed to be doing? Lately my faith has been a struggle. It really made me think on my drive home from ladies night last night...Do I really know how lucky I am. I have a wonderful husband who loves me, two cute boys, a roof over my head, food to eat and clothes to wear. What else do I need? A song played on the radio...Mark Schultz...Remember me! At first I was thinking...YES God, remember me? I'm the one praying for our lot to sell, for my health situation, to find where I need to serve at church, for Jonathan's job situation......And then I actually listened to the song.....Remember Me, when the children leave their Sunday school class with a smile, when a church is quiet with prayer...Oh!...It's not about ME?...It's about YOU! Thank you God, for giving me a husband who wants to give 10% to you and does, even when the numbers don't add up. Thank you God that somehow, all of our bills are paid and we still managed to give the kids a Birthday party. Thank you God, for helping me remember that life isn't about me at all...it's about YOU! Thank you friends for listening and praying for me! I appreciate your friendship!

3 comments:

michellenotdawn said...

Kelly,
I love that song. I completely understand what you mean about it. Thanks for giving me some encouragement as we get ready to make the one-income plunge too!

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I don't know the song, but your words were exactly what I needed to read tonight. I'm always amazed at how things happen to turn up just when you need them and not when you wanted them. Thanks.

Sandra Bennage said...

I am so glad for your blessings! I'm learning more and more that my perspective is so crucial. I hope I can daily remember to keep my eyes on Him and not on myself (and my semi-charmed life)! Thank you for the reminder.