Sunday, July 27, 2008

Surgery Update

Well, I have survived the dreaded surgery. I don't remember a thing! Ha! I remember them giving me some medicine and me asking if I was supposed to feel sleepy and then I woke up in the recovery room telling some guy that "YES! I was in pain!" I was then informed it would take at least 30 minutes for the medicine to work. What a fun way to wake up. As for the hospital stay...I slept a lot....sometimes in the middle of someone talking to me I would randomly fall asleep. If that was you...I apologize. I had nice nurses until the last day when upon being discharged they couldn't decide if I was supposed to be sent home with the Foley catheter or not. So...we went over them and called the urologist on call and got the answer we knew was right. Which was no catheter! So then I just had to pee enough to go home. I kept chugging water just so I could go to the bathroom...which I found ironic since that's I why I had the surgery to begin with. I finally got home around 2pm on Saturday. My mom was at the house with the boys and I enjoyed the entertainment. I started having some pain so I sent Jonathan to get the RX filled. It made me so sick to my stomach and very light-headed. I decided to deal with the pain (which feels the same as giving birth and I handled that w/out pain medicine). Today, however I had this uncontrollable urge to cry. It's been quite amusing to me b/c I am not that sentimental and I hardly ever cry. I cried today because I was in pain, I cried because Jonathan took the boys to church and I really cried when my mom went home. Upon giving birth to the boys I was like....I'm fine...no I don't need anything.... thanks..see ya later and today I was a human waterfall. I've been fine just taking motrin but very very bored! I did go to Target with the family and rode around in their motorized wheelchair. At least I got out! So as for help...Jonathan's mom is coming tomorrow and Tuesday and my nephew will be staying with us Tuesday afternoon through the weekend so I will have help with the boys. If you get bored during the day...you are welcome to come and bring your kids....I would love the company. I do not do well being on "house arrest." If you are bringing us dinner...Thanks so much in advance! We really appreciate it! If you'd like to come and eat it with us...that would be great too. I promise to not fall asleep on you again! Just pray that I will survive "house arrest" and not be too bored out of my mind, we have no more crying issues and the pain stays managable.

Thanks!

No comments: