Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The One

I love my wife.

She’s the one I have loved so desperately since the age of fifteen.

She’s the one whose love I have craved, desired and needed every moment since that day.
She’s the one whose voice fills a void I had never known existed.
She’s the one whose pain I feel, joy I strive for, happiness I long for, passion I desire, encouragement I thrive on and life I will protect with my own.

She’s the one whose laugh, whose love, whose smile….whose very being drives my existence.
She’s the one to which all that I do, all that I have…all that I am I give.
She’s the one to whom my children come when hurt, happy, excited or scared. As do I.
She’s the one from which our children will grow stronger and wiser.
She’s the one who gives me strength and yet is my greatest weakness.
She’s the one for which I do not need a commandment to love.

For she’s the one.

To my wife of seven years…you have always been the one.

No comments: